View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #56
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: North Korea plans nuclear tests aimed at U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
South Korea is like the Israel of Asia. I think it's more about the US using SK as a hub to keep an eye on China and Asia, and somewhat about keeping Chinese influence out of SK. NK is a nice buffer between SK and China. Because NK exists, the US still has a reason to keep a shitload of troops/bases in SK. If SK takes over NK, or if they merge, Korea will most definitely seek military independence from the US, and the US will lose their main military hub in East Asia. There will also be no buffer between China and SK anymore. Korea will also become much more powerful, NK is actually a lot bigger than SK. I think the #1 thing that the US is worried about is Korea, Japan, and China creating a "big 3" axis power. Although these countries have a rocky history, it would be fairly easy for them to form an economic/militaristic triad with NK out of the way or assimilated. The US would be in a looooooot of trouble if this were to happen. Just my take on it.

No way China and Japan form some sort of deep alliance. Too much hatred and distrust from WWII.
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote