View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #848
Clutch
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2012/2013 Official Game Comments Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The large is all you had to say....we win because of our threes, but i will add low turnovers., and late defensive plays.

You're seriously saying 19 and 18 made threes were not the main reason for victory....your talking about 55 points worth of threes in each game for an over 50% clip.

And the low turnover resulted in over 10+ more field goal attempts than the Heat.

Those are blowouts on offense alone.

But i will challenge you to this, find three games the Knicks made 18 threes and lost.
You clearly didn't understand me. I said I wasn't satisfied at all with this win because we hit a huge amount of threes and almost lost the game.
My point was that if we played defense this would have been a blowout,not a close game. You said we were equally bad on defense against Miami and I proved you were wrong.

And for the bolded part: Come on man,Knicks have made 18 or more threes only 7 times since franchise was founded. They are 6-1 in those games,the only loss came against Miami (I think that was the game when Bill Walker went ham from deep).
Of course you'll more often win than lose games in which you hit 18 or more threes.
But the fact that we hit 18 threes and still needed late game heroics from Melo to win the game is really concerning.
Our defense was HORRIBLE. With that kind of defense you're going to lose almost every time against mediocre/good/great opponents. You can beat bad teams without playing defense but if you want to beat good teams without playing defense than you need to shoot lights out like we did last night. And it was still a close game.

Knicks won,that's all what it matters. But if they are going to play like this in the playoffs (no defense,just jacking up threes and isolating on offense) we're in for another 1st round exit.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote