View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default Re: Bobcats fans: thoughts on changing nickname back to Hornets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
All season ticket holders were sent a survey asking questions about changing the name back to Hornets. I filled mine out over the weekend. I personally would support any team in Charlotte no matter what the name. I'm just a fan of NBA basketball. That being said there is a huge groundswell of support for changing back to the Hornets. I find it rather humorous, but if it results in increased ticket and merchandise sales then more power to them. Like I said it doesn't change my point of view as a fan.

When you hear people talk on sports radio around here the way they romanticize the Hornets years is pretty funny. You would think that the Hornets won multiple championships by the way they talk. In reality the Hornets were never anything but a slightly above average team that would occasionally advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

What's the use of changing the name of the product if the product does not change. True I'll follow the team no matter what but if money is going to be spent at all shouldn't it be spent to improve the team?
btw, RufusPaul--I sent you a private message. Should I delete it?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote