View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 AM   #37
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rifles make up 4% of gun homicides...Handguns make up 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
The harder you make them to obtain... the "harder" the criminal or insane son of a bitch will attempt to obtain the weapon illegally, and they will eventually obtain the object. It'll be a wash essentially.

So your solution is do nothing? Just make it easy for them to obtain simply because making them work harder is futile?

While there is no data to back my claim (at least that I know of), I think it is fair to say that in at least some cases the availability of the gun in the first place might be instrumental in the person actualizing a crime. What I mean is that they might not necessarily seriously consider a committing crime, but then access or acquisition of a gun will then lead them to actually consider and commit the crime. However if they weren't able to get the gun easily they may just let the thought pass them by.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote