View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bobcats fans: thoughts on changing nickname back to Hornets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I grew up in New York state during the heights of Zo, Mugsy and LJ. I would estimate that the Hornets were top 5 most popular NBA team in NY state based on merchandise sales; only behind the Knicks(obviously), Bulls and maybe Magic and Celtics.

I don't know whether it was the logo, Mugsy or Grandma Ma but they were popular for some reason up in NY.

They also played a pretty good 2nd round series against the Knicks in '93. But alas George Shin was too cheap to keep the core together and that season was the height of the Hornet's hype. They had another good run under Paul Silas when they had Mashburn and Baron Davis but again they let guys go instead of paying them.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote