View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #26
gabepizza
Local High School Star

gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: Bobby Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
You don't need to watch every game but 5 or 6 games are enough to see how is someone playing .

Well if player A gets his points from open lay ups that are created by player B than you need to stop player B not player A but if player B is so good you can't stop him than you won't be able to stop player A .

Ofcourse there aren't any players that can score 15 ppg only by hitting open lay ups that someone else created for them but for example Krstic gets at least half of his points by Teodosic creating for him or Navarro only needs to be on the court and because of his scoring defense will need to concetrated at guarding him and his teammates will have couple of open opportunities so he basically created those chances for them .

Steve Novak is a type A player. He was getting his shots from open 3s because teams were doubling Anthony. There was a while where he was scoring around 20 points a game. But teams scouted the games and realized that you need to always put a defender on Novak no matter what. Now for many games he is held scoreless because his man stays on him all the time.

I always thought of Navarro as a type A player too and believe he get many of his points from teams concentrating on the Gasol brothers. When Navarro did not have Pau in 2010 he did not fair so well. Also I remember in the gold medal game of 2012 Navarro had like 20+ points in the first half. In the 2nd half Kobe told coach I got him and Navarro did not score another point the rest of the game. If you put a good one on one defender on Navarro who never leaves him to double team he can be shut down, just like Novak, but that leaves one less player to double Anthony, Pau, etc...
gabepizza is online now   Reply With Quote