Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: 49ers CB Chris Culliver says gay players not welcom

here read this niko:

http://www.outsports.com/nfl/20021027eseramain.htm

Quote:
Former NFL Player Esera Tuaolo Comes Out

There's a riveting scene on HBO's "Real Sports" when former NFL player Esera Tuaolo nearly breaks down.

Tuaolo, a 6-3, 300-pounder who could bench press a house, has to compose himself as he recounts the nasty anti-gay epithets and jokes he heard in various locker rooms in his nine-year career.

"Faggot queer fudge-packer There's a joke and it's about anthropologists going to this tribe and it's about them having intercourse, so they ," Tuaolo says, his voice trailing off as he looks away, fighting tears.

Quote:
"There's this joke [teammates used to tell]. 'Esera, man, he did 20 shots of tequila.' By doing that, I became their drinking buddy: 'Gosh, he's such a stud.' But to me, it was more to ease the pain." The pain became so intense, that Tuaolo would sometimes drive down the road and fantasize about "turning the wheel and ending it all.''

being gay in the NFL was "intense pain"...made him suicidal

Sterling Sharpe:

Quote:
No matter how popular Tuaolo may have been, though, there's little question that many teammates would have turned on him had they found out his secret.

"He would have been eaten alive and he would have been hated for it," former Packer receiver Sterling Sharpe said to HBO. "Had he come out on a Monday, with Wednesday, Thursday, Friday practices, he'd have never gotten to the other team."

When asked why teammates would have had a problem with Tuaolo being gay, Sharpe replied: "Birds of a feather flock together. Now, I got to answer questions that I'm normally not answering. Question my heart, question my ability. Do not question my machoism, so to speak, my sexuality."

sorry, but you guys are kidding yourselves if you think the NFL is full of gays...it is a nightmare for them.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote