View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #569
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Down 2 with 45 seconds to go and a 47% FT shooter for VT makes two FT's.

That was right after a guy who wasn't missed a free throw all season missed two in a row for us. Dan jinxed the **** out of those free throws before Jackson shot them. Stupid announcers jinx. And he reversed jinxed the 47% shooter.

I'm serious, too.

Some may not agree, but McAdoo is going to be big time sooner or later. Lately the guy has been about a 16 and 10 player (over the last 5 or 6 games, so essentially conference play) and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's doing on offense.

Today he played different than any game all year and he goes 8-12 from the field. He stopped shooting that turn around jumper and was shooting more set shots. He destroyed VPI's zone. He made some nice drives to get to the line and some good reads on his passes.

He did have 5 turnovers. A couple early where he was stripped. Like I've said a million times, he needs to tighten his handle. Then he had the GOD AWFUL one that almost cost us the game at the end of regulation. Part of that was on Paige as he had no business passing that up to McAdoo in that situation. One of the other two was a bad backdoor cut pass. I'll take that on occasion as at least he's trying to make a play.

He's raw, but effective. Once he figures out what he wants to do and what he can get away with playing that way... Watch out.

And his defense and rebounding was outstanding today. He was not a good rebounder last year and not a good one in high school either. I think around 8 a game in high school. He's really picked it up lately.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote