View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3 Point Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
I don't like this advice, most players point their feet a bit to the side when shooting.
Yeah, I recall you and I discussing this before in this thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=275866&page=4.

Once again, I do not believe most shooters intentionally point both of their feet to the side prior to shooting. In fact, I believe just the opposite - that if the majority of elite shooters were asked how they'd ideally like their feet positioned, they'd say pointed at their target. I believe it's possible to be a good shooter with crooked feet and I think players have proven time and time again there's 1,000 different ways to be a successful shooter (Shawn Marion?!) but I still would not think to ever instruct a player to purposely bend one's base away from a target.

I just can't imagine seeing one of my players having this form...

...and purposely trying to steer them in a different direction.

In the end, I suppose it'll be up to individual shooters to decide what works best for them. As always, I respect your shooting strategy and I truly believe it can be effective. It is just not something I personally teach for reasons I have previously mentioned at length.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 02-06-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote