View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #30
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Atheists - Randomness is just a way to quantify lack of knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3MVP
So every time I roll dice, an omnipotent being is deciding the rolls? Choosing the draws for every lottery? Not randomness? Seems like a lot of micromanaging. If god existed and I were him, I would create a mechanism for randomness to take some of the work off my shoulders.

No the laws of physics decides where it roles. Which means that at the point of release the outcome is already determined and is therefore not random. The outcome is predictable.

So Bladers, under this paradigm, how do you feel about free will? Can it exist in this deterministic universe?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote