View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation
Default Re: What player do you want your team to pursue the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I'm curious what the asking price will be for Jermichael Finley if he's released (due a roster bonus). Stated it's 50/50 if he comes back. Were his stats a product of being in a "sharing" offensive system, or was he playing poorly? Comments from his coach would suggest it was his play more than the system but he has obvious talent. I'd be intrigued with a Finley/Celek 2-tight-end system on the field. Jared Cook also an option here. Kelly supposedly liked Vance McDonald at the Senior Bowl though so it'll likely be upgraded through the draft.

Anthony Spencer could be an option. I don't know what plans are for a 3-4 linebacking crew. Cole/Graham are small DE's, do they switch to OLB's? Does Kendricks move inside with Ryans? Spencer likely won't be back in Dallas if they switch to 4-3, right? You could strengthen your own team while weakening an opponent here, but depends on plans for OLB.

Aquib Talib, Sean Smith, and Cary Williams will need to be looked at to improve the secondary. Dashon Goldson I'd love, but he's a west coast guy from what I can tell and see no reason he would come.

The biggest need will be a 3-4 NT, and the draft is the only place I see that available. If I have to pick 1 player from the above mentioned, I'd say Goldson, but like I said that's unlikely.

The team needs nastyness.

Star Lotulelei was the NT I was referencing in the draft. Kelly speaks fondly of him here.

Taking Star would be a great start to build that front seven.

Having a space eater and pocket pusher like Star and then someone like Fletcher at end who can provide pressure....and both are easily versatile enough to play 4-3 DT when they go to dime and nickle packages.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote