View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Atheism vs. Theism

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
I don't know where theists get off saying I don't understand the value of "faith" as an atheist.

Yes, I do. I have faith. It's just a faith instilled in a different conclusion than yours.

Given that humanity has demonstrated a propensity to lie and create methods of control over its own populace, I have faith that all of these religions are fabrications for moral guidance.

Your faith is that a book written thousands of years ago detailing events you weren't there to witness holds all the answers and path to salvation.

If there is a God, I don't know why he would punish me for using logic and then reward you for blindly accepting any random body of writing as "The Truth".

well said. as someone who considers themself to be agnostic, i agree.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote