View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers try to put drama behind them as they return from long trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Thats my issue with Dwight, not a smart player, low IQ, no understanding of spacing. Thats why I have a problem with super athletic guys. In high school they can get away with their God given gift, but they never get to learn the actual game until they get exposed on a higher level. Now with Nash and Kobe leading the way, hopefully this guy can learn a thing or two.

This is exactly why I like that athletes need to spend a year in college. It should really be two. There's so many guys who come into college with a ton of hype and then their weaknesses are shown. Even this year, look at Nerlens Noel. He was hyped as the next Anthony Davis. He definitely isn't on that level. He has a lot of work to do.

As for the Lakers putting the drama behind them, I'm not sure it will happen. This coach doesn't have the ability to manage these types of egos. The media around the Lakers is unlike anything he's ever dealt with, even in NY. As long as this team is mediocre there's going to be a lot of drama and press attention.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote