View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Lakers try to put drama behind them as they return from long trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
This is exactly why I like that athletes need to spend a year in college. It should really be two. There's so many guys who come into college with a ton of hype and then their weaknesses are shown. Even this year, look at Nerlens Noel. He was hyped as the next Anthony Davis. He definitely isn't on that level. He has a lot of work to do.

As for the Lakers putting the drama behind them, I'm not sure it will happen. This coach doesn't have the ability to manage these types of egos. The media around the Lakers is unlike anything he's ever dealt with, even in NY. As long as this team is mediocre there's going to be a lot of drama and press attention.

I completely hear you on this. The problem is that these highest level recruits get to call their own shots, they TELL the coach they will only go to their college if they get to do things their own way. They only care about their stats and being showcased to be a lottery pick......so they are no longer being taught anything in that 1 year and even 2 years wouldn't change that. Notice that you see guys leaving Duke, North Carolina and other major programs if they don't get their way, this didn't happen in the past. I blame ESPN for making it all about individual play and over hyping high school recruits.
I'm dealing now with a ton of high school kids, high level players who are Juniors, and their parents who are already making demands to top colleges.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote