View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers try to put drama behind them as they return from long trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
True, but it also depends on the college coach. What Calipari did last year with all those top recruits was amazing. They were unselfish, bought into the system, and played together. It would've been easy for a guy like Davis to complain about not getting the ball enough. He wasn't the guy who took the most shots on the team. I'm a Big 10 guy, and I look at teams like Michigan & Indiana and see those guys actually playing together too. What Izzo has done with MSU has always been amazing. But of course there's some coaches who are the opposite. They just promise the kids whatever they want and it's just a one & done thing. Two years in college would be better at getting that out of the game.

The High School grassroots game is so corrupt it's not even funny, when it comes to top recruits. Those kids are getting paid in high school to go to certain schools and play on certain AAU teams with other good players. It's amazing how those shoe companies like to try to brainwash kids starting about when they reach the 7th grade. Read the book "Play Their Hearts Out". It's about grassroots basketball and has a strong focus on what happens here in SoCal. Very interesting.

Thanks, I am definitely going to read that book.
Yeah, I know all about players being paid, it's a disgrace to the game and fair competition.
3 years ago one of my local schools, Taft Woodland Hills, had a starting 5 who each came from different states.....and I mean east coast states. There is no way that is just an accident. I don't want to name the coach but he left after that season and got paid huge money at another school.

Nike is a MAJOR culprit in all lower level sports, but they also do some very good things (to be fair). I really don't want to get into what is going on in current basketball programs....but things are at the most corrupt level ever.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote