View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jeff Berwick -Get Far Away From The U.S... Collapse Will Be Messy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Debt is not the only contributor to a potential collapse though. I think there are other more likely natural collapses that can occur but they wont be limited to America. The world is over populated and over polluted. From a population stand point alone I don't see how the earth can continue to support such a high population. As resources become scarce it doesn't take a genius to see that things will get very interesting. However, I'm more interested in just how close we are to an actual tipping point in some of these calamity situations. It is quite easy to be a pessimist but at the same time I wonder just how justified in holding on to some of these beliefs. Maybe I'm wrongly underestimating humanities response to such situations

The world isn't overpopulated, we just haven't optimized the use and distribution of our resources. Something close to 50% of the food we produce is wasted. Our resources aren't scarce, it's just a question of technology. Ditto pollution.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote