View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #182
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Man Murders A Drunk Driver After Car Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Yeah I said the amount of times you're caught matters for your sentence, but not from a moral point. If you do something terrible once or ten times it's still terrible.

All drunk driving should have the same base punishment, and then escalate it for each repeated offense, manslaughter, how far over the limit, etc. - It's like that now, but it should be harsher right off the bat. Increase the stigma.

I mean how many times does the average person drive drunk before they were caught? Probably a few.

Three strikes sounds fine in principal, but one do over should be enough. You should get one f*ck up if it wasn't too serious. Your own personal drunk driving is very easy to control, it's all on the individual and how much they value their life, car, privilege to drive, insurance rate, and other people.

I don't know if the laws are still the same but when I lived in Germany if a cop stopped you for suspicion of drunk driving you would get a blood test on the spot (no right to refuse). It was illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to have any alcohol in their system. Over 21 the legal limit was 0.05%. If you're over the limit your car is confiscated and sold. Your license is taken for 6 mo.s and you have to pay a hefty fine and/or face jail time depending on the % of alcohol in your system. A 2nd violation involves a lengthy prison sentence and revocation of your license.

So despite a strong drinking culture, Germans generally avoid driving drunk. Of course it helps that they have a great public transportation system.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote