View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #37
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Best players have ball in there hands more then othere players so it's normal for them to have more turnovers but you can't have too many turnovers .

Also if your apg and tpg are the same than you aren't that good .

I know and I agree totally. My point was not related to that. What I meant is a player like Teodosic will have a lot of turnovers because he has to do so much for his team on offense.

It's normal. The best players are usually going to be turnover prone, because they are asked to do more with the ball. Like you mention Spanoulis, well being double teamed a lot causes turnovers also. That's a similar case to Big Sofo.

Big Sofo is a huge turnover guy, but it's because he gets double teamed basically as soon as he touches the ball. So again, it's normal.

But yes, it's a different case for a player like Weems if he is not asked to do much more than shoot open jumpers or run and dunk. Especially if he is getting a lot of open shots and not being trapped and doubled, and has another player create a lot for him.

That was just my point. Steve Nash always has huge turnover numbers......of course, because you are asking him to run so much of the offense. That's just what I meant.

It's not a coincidence that most turnover leaders in Euroleague are Saras, Diamantidis, Spanoulis, Papaloukas, Lakovic, Navarro...Guys that were being asked to carry huge offensive loads in their teams over the years.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote