View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #73
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Django Unchained: Big Dissapointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Personally, I find the casting to be horrendous: I think Quentin tried too hard to cast Waltz he had to work around the whole foreign thingy. It is a Western; it should be strictly an American cowboy if he really wanted to pay homage. He should of had Leo play that role.

This does raise an interesting point regarding Waltz' character. It's pretty clear King Schultz was tailor made by Tarantino for Waltz: King Schultz is just another cultured and highly capable German eccentric like Cl. Landa.

How much better would it have been if he had the obviously European Waltz play a stone-faced American like the spaghetti westerns of yesteryear used to do? (i.e. as in the original Django)

That said Tarantino was having way too much fun bastardizing German names in the movie.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote