View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: How old do you think you can carry on playing basketball til?

lol. I don't play ball like that anymore... or rarely. I'm gonna be 30. I am not a big dude anyway and I basically ****ed my ankle beyond repair at age 17. It's still bad because I didn't get surgery, and it's weak... so if I land wrong I'll sprain it again or plant it and fall. Kind of embarrassing. I lost my athleticism then, but I'm stronger. Mental toughness and all of that. As long as you compete, you can play. I can get in anyone's head on D. Someone might blow by me once but they won't do it twice.

I don't play ball to score anymore. I don't think I ever did. But I used to have fun surprising people with shot blocks and D. I can still get those even though my vert is probably more than a foot less.

It's all about what you wanna do. Don't go in there with an ego just ball. Have fun and find a role. You can always push people around. haha. No matter what.

Reminds me of this guy I was shooting with awhile ago... he came up while I was shooting alone and I passed him the ball. And he got read to shoot... but before he did he was like, I play professional baseball... and then he bricked the shit out of it. haha. Don't be that guy. I mean, in the end he was wetting, but you know what I mean... it's not that important. Play the right way, play hard, you'll be fine.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote