View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #34
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jets open to trading Revis

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Alex Smith is a solid QB, i'll leave it that. Most underrated QB in the league by far.

As for the trade I don't like it either for the Jets. If they were to do that trade they would have to take Smith's salary which would be around $8mil next year and to have Sanchez on the club as well would be a waste. $20 something for QB's is waste considering neither of them are top 5 QB's. Not to mention the fact they can get Smith once SF cuts him to save some cap.

Alex Smith isn't a top 15 QB. I guarantee you he would struggle immensely on the Jets because he wouldn't have one of the best offensive lines in the league along with a really good RB and decent receivers (Davis and Crabtree). He's just not that great of a QB. He's a game manager.

The Jets aren't gonna find their franchise QB this year. They could get Alex Smith if they really wanted to, but he's not the answer. Whoever is behind center this year will just be a stop-gap.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote