Originally Posted by raiderfan19
This could/should mean that bellator will take up the old pride spot as a legit 2nd option to UFC.
And the exciting thing is just.... Stupid if you want to be considered a real sport you can't say that you cut people because they aren't exciting even if they are clearly better than others you kept on the roster. You'd never hear a team in the nba, MLB, or nfl cut someone and say yeah he's awesome but he's not entertaining.
- He should have never been cut. But he wasn't a big draw yet had been in the UFC for countless years and his pay was huge for the little amount of people he pulled in.
In other words if he had the same everything but less pay he'd probably be kept. For now he isn't worth it. No matter how ridiculous it seems to cut a top-ten WW
That's how it works in the NFL when a player has a big contract they're not living up to.
- a team sport that has been around for over 70 years.....vs a 1 vs 1 combat sport that has been around since 1993 and only on mainstream cable since 07'????
- The NBA promotes it's stars, it Functions off the back of superstars, over an 82 game season and a 20 - 30 game post season........
- UFC rely's on promoting Fighters.....on an average of 10 fighters cards per year....fighters usually only fight 1 - 3 times a year.
- That means the UFC is in a position to Focus and promote the most exciting Match ups to get the most people to watch....they have little room for error.
- PS: to the other guy who postd Duncan.....he is a 4XChampion?.....I guarantee if Fitch was a 2X champion he would prolly not get cut.( and both are totally 2 different sports....)
heck...he will prolly be back soon anyways.....Fitch is a great fighter....he's not good enough to be the champion, but he is good enough to make some of the best Fighters look bad...
problem is...most people take smoke breaks when his Fights are on.