View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Default Re: J$ Training for Tough Mudder and 3 on 3 Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
trust me you can do it, you just have to try. Right now I can run 5k but before I couldn't even run 1/4 of a mile before being gassed out. Not to sound cliche but it takes will to do something, that's all you need. You think you can't but trust me you can, you just have to do a little at a time. Try to get a baseline of what you did for the first run at a certain distance (let's say a mile) and just try to get faster and faster each week and then get the number the last day of the month and compare it with the first one. You should see a difference. Then do it again the next month and the next and you should get better.

BTW J$ I hope you'll get what you're looking for. I'll check this thread from time to time and cheer you up.

Appreciate the kind words, Bandito

Yeah in that brief stretch of time after the 2nd mile or so where your lungs and legs are ACHING and every subconscious thought is trying to make up any excuse.. ANYTHING to get you to stop.. ie.e. "I worked hard yesterday let me just stop and catch my breath" or "What's the point of this?" or "Ughh I'll never be Dave Goggins," that one conscious push to say "F*CK U I'M ENDING DIS" and go even harder is a defining moment of street hunger. Volumes can be written about that! Like they say, the night is darkest before the dawn.

That's what separates the boys from the men and running a 5K without stopping has outstanding carryover effect to many of life's troubles. It'll be a great day when you see your future son or daughter push themselves past pain!

BTW, how's the search for that Mosaic book holding up?

If the endgoal is to be proficient in a certain language man if you can take a few minutes to try the following resources:
LingQ
google "Pimsleur" PDF

And if you want to generate and develop ideas for writing, PM ME.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote