View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #469
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Number two is totally inaccurate for this reason. Brook Lopez is too dumb and slow to guard Marc Gasol. As PJ pointed out, Marc killed Brook from the opening tip in both games. Right when Brook went out and we had a different player on Marc, we made a comeback. Brook Lopez needs to start understanding scouting reports better and stop sucking on pick and roll defense. Reggie Evans, Mirza and Blatche are 100x better than him on pick and roll defense.

Number one is true and for number three, we are only debating this because Deron didn't get the foul called. I though there was enough contact for a foul and it was a 60/40 call. If Deron goes to the line and puts us up by two and we win, you never write number three. But as you and I said, Marshon doesn't have to wonder why he doesn't play. Like WTF is the damn ball in his hands with under a minute to go. Especially after he's missed four straight shots.

Deron lost the ball on the 2nd play too. They weren't making calls and Deron was doing the limping around thing.

If Lopez can't be out there 4th qtr game on the line (3rd time in 4 games, let's not act like it was just this game) then what is he exactly? The all star center who is 2nd in the rotation? And considering the nets COULD NOT SCORE i'm not sure how that is justified.

Even if Lopez can't defend then do the offense/defense thing with him and Blatche. Tie game, 1 minute left, Lopez isn't in the game on offense?