View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Taking charges in pick up

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Hell no.

I remember coming down to my local university courts. People were saying that the team on the court had won a certain number of games in a row, but they were playing like bitches, etc.
So I gather up a random team to get a game. They start getting their asses handed to them, and the dudes try to start calling moving screens and charges. lol... I had the ball in my hands at the time and I told them to play through it, or get the f*ck off the court. Sure enough, they shut up, and lost 7-1. lol...

Moral of the story. Don't call that shit, or try and take charges, because you will most likely be thought of as a bitch.

people drive into your chest at full speed and call fouls. that is what bothers me about playing with no charges. I don't take charges but every once in a while I'll tell some bum what he is doing and I will never give them that bull shit call.

Also, if you are really trying to spam moving screens etc. then it should be called if you are altering the game and playing decent comp. I have run many a court and if someone if walking through screens while im chasing a shooter then I'm either running over them or calling it. Depends on the setting tho.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote