View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Taking charges in pick up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
One of the last times I played one on one with someone I kept doing my drive-stepback j move, or a Dirk post move, and I was playing at about 35%.

He was playing super hard and beat me like 11-9 and then had the audacity to try and give me 'tips'. He said stuff like, "You should really drive to the basket and learn to finish with contact."

I'm great at finishing with contact. I scored most of my points by slashing to the basket when I played.

I responded with, "Why would I do that in an un-reffed one on one game that I don't care about?" It's only going to lead to more chances to get hurt.

Just more examples on why I hate playing pick up with people.
Was this someone you did not know? That'd be relatively strange for a random person to give unsolicited basketball advice in a situation like that (especially if you're both adults and about the same age).

But also, why play 1-on-1 but only go 35%? I'm not sure I treat each impromptu 1-on-1 contest as life or death, but unless my opponent is literally terrible (which happens sometimes) I tend to give it a solid shot.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote