View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Taking charges in pick up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Was this someone you did not know? That'd be relatively strange for a random person to give unsolicited basketball advice in a situation like that (especially if you're both adults and about the same age).

But also, why play 1-on-1 but only go 35%? I'm not sure I treat each impromptu 1-on-1 contest as life or death, but unless my opponent is literally terrible (which happens sometimes) I tend to give it a solid shot.

Never met or even saw the person before. I was 22 he was probably a year or two older. He kept talking about how he 'he was the last guy cut from the college team'.

I really only go to shoot around and work on moves by myself, basically meditate/shut my brain off. I was the only person there and he started shooting on my hoop, then asked to play like 3 times. It put me in a weird spot.

I don't go hard because I don't see the point. I'm not making a career out of ball, I end up getting hurt often because of past knee/ankle injuries, there's no ref, who knows how the person will take losing, etc. I play just hard enough to look like I'm trying... Basically I just keep the score competitive.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote