Thread: calling travel?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
miggyme1
Local High School Star

miggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrymiggyme1 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: calling travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
So, I've started playing at the gym on saturdays the past handful of weeks. There's almost never enough for 5's full court, it's almost always 2's or 3's half court...so a lot more driving. There is this 1 guy who shows up maybe every other week or so and travels on almost every drive - 3-step eurosteps or 3-step spins.

Some players don't seem to react/care, but it bothers other players, including me, who are fundamentally sound and actually respect the game (). A couple of us have muddled it under our breath before, but of course we let it go - we don't wanna be "that guy". Except now he's been showing up more often and it's starting to get annoying as hell, especially considering the guys is kind of a douche - almost as if he knows no one will call it on him.

What are your guys' thoughts? Is it proper etiquette to call, even enforce travels? Should I just check him on that third step and say "oh sorry, I was trying to box you out b/c I thought you'd lay it up after that 2nd step, since you're supposed to lay it up after the 2nd step"?

where im from...we call fouls and travels,double dribbles. we dont call charges...but i feel like in any game u have to call fouls and traveling.its just the two basic rules everybody must abide by when hoopin....traveling is a MAJOR violation
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote