View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #22
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Stephen Curry Has the Second Highest 3PT% Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675
I love his shooting form. It makes me wonder sometimes, how he doesn't get blocked considering how low his elevation is.

I know he's got a quick release, but NBA players are very athletic and can challenge shots pretty well. I guess it helps that he is 6'3.
I'm sure it helps he's not 5'4'', but sometimes a quick release is a quick release, regardless of the athleticism of the defense. Most players, particularly those with NBA-level shooting talent, spend years upon years learning how much space they need between themselves and the defender in order to get up a shot, whether they have a high elevation release or not.

His dad was kind of the same way - grounded, but wonderfully skilled at gauging the space he needed and quick on the release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqpGkyO4rk

Sidenote, somehow I never realized before now that Stephen Curry is technically Dell Curry Jr. Both his full name and that of his father is Wardell Stephen Curry. Don't know how I missed that.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote