View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #23
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad vs Ben McLemore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
LJ has a few notable things about him. For one he's the best player on one of the truely great college teams of all time. That two year run from UNLV just isn't something you see anymore.

He was also the guy I remember sort of starting the JUCO trend. I don't remember a JUCO transfer coming in and really making an impact prior to him, and he's probably still the best JUCO transfer ever.

The other thing is that his popularity really skyrocketed with the Grandmama ads at the time. So he was sort of dispropationately popular for a short stretch for a guy who had a long productive, yet not star level career. Those of us who lived through those UNLV / Hornets years will probably always remember LJ as being the beast he was, where he's gonna be hard to look back at and get that same vibe.

well his back injury severely limited his style of play in the latter half of his career. Had a stayed healthy he could have been a Karl Malone clone. I know personally I always associate him as the explosive LJ rather than the jumpshooter
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote