Thread: R and B is back
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation
Default Re: R and B is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I made a thread about Bilal when the album dropped 2 weeks back, and got one reply from Al Thorton on some BS.

And Mike was dropping classics in the early 70s.

They are above avg because they are, that's not a bad thing. They are not even on an R.Kelly or Gerald LeVert level. That's not a bad thing, they are the best contemporary R&B artist out now. Better than every one else, but when you look deeper to the Bilal's, Raphael Saadiq's, Van Hunt's, Robert Glasper, they got some work to do.

Of course but they are just starting out, these guys are fresh out of the gate. Miguel's debut was 2 and a half years ago, the other two just came out last year(no pun intended).

Give them time and enjoy what they have to offer. People don't have to drop legendary shit in order to be appreciated. Their music is appealing and well done, I'm entertained by it. It doesn't have to be Off The Wall quality or Purple Rain for me to applaud their efforts.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote