View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: With the PS4 coming soon, when do you anticipate the end of the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Pretty much this. About a year go my first PS3 crapped out on me after 4 years. Warranty had run out and I figured I'd just buy a new one instead of paying the money and waiting however many weeks it'd take to ship it off, get it fixed, and get it sent back. Waited until Black Friday sales to get the new one so it wasn't even that bad. I've basically got a brand new PS3 and I see zero need to rush out and get a PS4.

I'm not very tech savvy so someone help me out by putting this in simple terms. The upgrade in graphics from PS3 to PS4....how big of an upgrade is that going to be? I mean how much better can they really get? I'm guessing it won't be the same as going from the original Playstation to a PS2, and frrm a PS2 to a PS3?

The PC I built over a year ago, will crush the PS4. What's nice about the PS4 is it is built on the X86 architecture, which will make it a million times easier for developers to design games. With this current generation, games are typically created for the XBox360, then ported to PC, then to PS3. With this next generation, games will be created for the PC and PS4 (and probably XBox) at the same time. Devs can now just develop games for PC, and they will work on the PS4, no porting (changing/downgrading) involved.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote