View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Default Re: How do you play 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I'm pretty open to whatever rules of 21 people wish to play by. However, generally speaking, I think it tends to be:

21 by 1's and 2's
Takebacks on everything (except tips if they're included)
Safe point of 13 or 15
"Free throw" = high school three point line
Limit of three consecutive free throw makes before check-up required
No fouls or out of bounds

I think it's 50/50 as to whether we include tips. Sometimes I'm guilty of willingly including them if I know I'm playing with a group of players who won't be boxing out on free throws (if they're playing free throws from the FT line, not three point line). Free throw line misses tend to open up a lot of tip dunk opportunities.

More times than not though, including tips seems to just create a never-ending cycle of a player earning points then having them wiped off by a tip, over and over and over again, until we're 20 minutes deep and realize we all have zero points.

I usually play a similar rule if it's not competitive, but with my buddies that are really good ballers we do unlimited because it puts more pressure on you to make shots and get the ball back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
More times than not though, including tips seems to just create a never-ending cycle of a player earning points then having them wiped off by a tip, over and over and over again, until we're 20 minutes deep and realize we all have zero points.

qft, I've played some gruelling games with tips. If it's a "quick" game we'd just go to 11, I hate it when dudes say they want to go to 21 WITH TIPS not knowing what they're in for

Oh btw in Toronto, no joke, 21 is actually called "American" (every man for themselves) and 21 is a shooting game where you shoot and wherever your miss lands the next person shoots from, if you air ball, the next person shoots gets to shoot a layup, and you play up to 21.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote