View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #43
Pacers4ever
Banned

Default Re: This must be said: The Wire is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I could have predicted Andgarís opinion of The Wire. His favorite brand is Apple, his favorite band is The Beatles, his favorite current show is apparently Game of Thrones.

Donít get me wrong, I actually like all of those things. But still, these things all share similar traits in a way and are telling of Andgar's taste. Apple is known for their aesthetically pleasing, easy to use computer products. The Beatles are known for their instantly catchy songs and universal appeal. Game of Thrones is essentially a very slick and simplified cliffnotes version of ASOIAF.

What they all share is that they are some of the most accessible brands within their respective segment. Which is good. However, accessibility also tends to come at the expense of depth, which is clearly the case for all of these things.

The Wire is the opposite of that, itís value doesnít show on the surface. It's not slick, it's not simple, it's not catchy. Instead itís introspective, symbolic and heady. Itís exactly like the sort of stuff I figure someone like Andgar wouldnít appreciate.
What's wrong with that even if it were true?
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote