View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Thoughts on Otto Porter?

I was at the Big East all week last week and got to see him twice, and I gotta say I was pretty impressed. Granted he was stymied pretty bad by the Syracuse Zone, but that just happens sometimes in college basketball. Syracuse made the adjustments and cut him off at that high post, but I really liked the way he worked to get the ball there.

From what I've seen, he's got the foundation of a good shot. It's a little hitchy, but it's really quick. He's a really really good passer. His sense for the high low game was really good, and he had a nice touch on balls, dropping them just past defenses. He's a better ball handler than some might say, but he's not a breakdown ballhandler, which is something he'll need to work on. He's a very good rebounder and defender as well.

The Jeff Green comp is a natural because of the school ties and the size. He reminds me a little of Shawn Marion although not quite peak Marion. I know the Georgetown people love him. The people I talked to claim he's the best G'Town player since Iverson, meaning better than Monroe, better than Green, better than Hibbert. I don't see him jumping those top freshman in the draft, but I think he's the next best prospect, and he'll be a very good pro.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote