View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #133
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012-13 regular season!

Quote:
I'd be put off Bynum too, no way i'd give him the max and i'd be offering him 2 years at most after the knee surgieries.

Incentive laden non guaranteed is the only way I'd go. Won't even be able to insure it. His knees are only going to get worse. But look at what Philly gave up for him and they knew he had knee problems to begin with so I'm sure someone will roll the dice.

Quote:
Yea, Dirk/Al is pretty gross on D, but if they miss out on Dwight, they really don't have many choices. Doubt Chris Paul leaves the Clippers, so that'd leave them Josh Smith or Al to pick from I guess. I'm almost certain they'll spend it on whoever they can get, doubt that Dirk will be happy playing another year with Shawn Marion as the 2nd best player on the team.

Josh Smith sounds more likely. Doesn't sound like Atlanta wants him back so he'll have to leave. Not sure I'd want to pay max for him either though. He does a lot of good things but takes to many bad shots. Not the basketball IQ you'd like for a max guy.

I think they'll continue to wait before spending money just to spend it rather Dirk likes it or not. He's probably their 2nd best player now. That's their biggest problem. They could have spent the money last summer and they didn't. With cap space there are always trades as well.

Quote:
I'd say Houston would go after Millsap over Jefferson just because they seem like one of the few teams who seem to have a set idea of what a max/near max guy is and if he doesn't fit that profile, then they are happy to let them pass. Asik covering for Jefferson is probably the best option that'd be available though. With Robinson I guess it comes down to how good the Rockets think they can be with him over how could they could be with Millsap/Jefferson and if the cost is worth it or not.

They've got a lot of young assets too that they could use in a trade with their cap space. It's not all about FAs when you have cap space. It's probably the most likely option for the Jazz unless they overpay and how they got Al to begin with.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 03-20-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote