View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Guy on my team starts screaming/yelling at me after we lose a pick up game at gym

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
Throw the ball at his face. Who's get mad at losing in a pickup game? It's not even a real game.

Who gets mad during a pick up game? Well at my gym, like everyone does!!!!

It's a pride thing I guess. U got teen punks, and adults in 20s and 30s and 40s and even 60s with their old man game and everyone is competitive and the teen punks want to show off and take hero shots and ball hog.

I'm not a violent person so I won't throw the ball at his face or be the first one to attack. There's no need to fight. I've been in many fights back in the day when I was younger due to attempted robberies and what not and violence isn't the answer.

I'm the best passer and have the highest b ball IQ at the gym but these guys never appreciate me feeding them the ball and see passing as a sign of weakness which is just ridiculous.

I've decided to stop playing pick up ball after this because it's no fun no more. All I get is aggravation and pain. This happened on Monday and last Friday, some guy smash my groin so hard while trying to smack the ball from me as I dribbled up the court.

So yes, its either physical or verbal abuse and I'm content shooting jumpers all day by myself instead. I won't miss the cheap shots, the stupid ball hogs, the yelling and screaming and cheaters lying about the score.

The only thing I will miss is passing since I love getting assists and driving and kicking and making passes to a cutter.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote