Originally Posted by hawkfan
1. Good development from Al Harrington and Joe Johnson. Both have proven themselves to be top level scorers.
2. Josh Smith and Josh Childress both developed well last season, the former more than the latter.
3. Marvin Williams was a disappointment. He was the No. 2 pick in the draft, so more was expected. He showed improvement by the end of the season, but he will need to pick it up more this year to prove he was worth being picked over Chris Paul.
4. Zaza Pachulia proved himself to be a credible big. He might be better suited as a reserve, but he has the skills and athleticism to be a contributer in this league and should have a solid career.
5. Salim Stoudamire is very talented and athletic, but he needs work on his passing if he is to be a legitimate point guard and not just a spark off the bench.
6. Ty Lue is a solid reserve point guard and shouldn't have been playing so many minutes.
7. The bench was very thin. Esteban Batista, John Edwards, Royal Ivy didn't do much.
The team had several glaring holes which were never addressed.
The team had a horrible start, but eventually they were able to become a competitive team and beat more talented and experienced teams. The death of popular teammate Jason Collier in the begining of the season definitely affected this young team.
Hope springs eternal for the Hawks.
I agreee with 1, part of 2,4,6 and 7. Williams was not a dissapointment. We did not expect him to put up big numbers and win rook of the year we expected last season to be a developing year for him. He could be a great asset to this team this year. For number two Smith proved he was better and improved I did not see any improvement from Chilldress and he will need to work on his game this off-season if he wants any playing time because Johnson will go to SG with claxton coming to play PG.