View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #51
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
@dd4, Exactly.

I highly doubt Caldreon is going to re-sign with the Pistons. He's 31 and and he sai that he's looking to play with a contender like the Mavs.

I'd like to see him on the Mavs. They need a PG. It makes sense as they will have cap space as well.

There's mock drafts that have Smart dropping to us. I think the Bobcats would be stupid to not draft Nerlens Noel if they have the opportunity. They need a big man bad.

Cleveland is probably going to end up drafting before us. They already drafted a PG in Irving, a SG and C last year in Waiters and Zeller, and they drafted a PF in Thompson. Unless they seem to think Bennett can play SF (which nobody does) they're going to draft Porter if they get the chance.

Orlando would likely draft McLemore in that scenario. I could see them taking a chance on Smart, but with McLemore there it wouldn't make sense.

I don't know why Phoenix would draft another PG. They already have a couple of them, so I would think they would go big. If Porter is there they could draft him. I could definitely see them going after Bennett or Len. Nonetheless, it's another team that could be ahead of us that would draft Porter.

Of course all this is based on records since the ping-pong balls haven't fallen yet, but it really doesn't look like we have a chance at Porter unless we somehow move up a few spots. However, it does look like a player like Smart could fall to us. In which case, Knight would still need to eventually be a 6th man...... As bad as it sounds PG might be the best position to draft. Unless we have a guy like McLemore fall to us it doesn't make sense to draft SG. There's not another impact SF in the top 5..... Shabazz I'm a little scared about right now. He really doesn't have a position in the NBA either. He's a tweener for SG & SF.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote