View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #14
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1455/...e-Carroll.html

Quote:
That hard-nosed effort paid off multiple times for him throughout the year and earned coach Tyrone Corbin's respect.

It did? Why did he keep getting benched?

Quote:
Carroll, a free agent, is not likely to return next year. Still looking for an opportunity to make a major name for himself, Carroll will not command a high payroll next year. During the 2012-13 season, Carroll made $885,120, and though he increased his value with his energy play, he'll be a role player no matter where he goes next year.

Why won't he be back? He's worth a contract like Evans got that's for sure. 2-3 million a year I'd think. 4 on the high side maybe.

Quote:
On summer plans: "Actually to get better. My whole mindset is I'm going to try to get film on guys like Bruce Bowen and come back even better and be a corner knockdown 3-point shooter. I'm just going to be overall better. I'm more hungry (now) and I think my game has improved and I can only get better."

Quotable: "For me, it was a great season. I've been blessed. This is my best season I've had since I've been in the NBA and I think I showed, proven myself, that I'm a great rotational player."

I like him better than Bowen. I wouldn't call him a great rotational player. Ideally he's an end of the bench energy guy but he should have been playing ahead of Marvin this year certainly! I hope he's back at the right price. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest in him around the league though.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote