Thread: PG Spot
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #31
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: PG Spot

Asked how he performed in Utah, vice president of player personnel Walt Perrin said, "I thought he fought through some things. He struggled a little bit early, but he finished strong.

"Hes been to quite a few workouts, and hes been away from home for a long time. Im sure hes getting a little bit homesick and probably a little tired. But, again, he fought through things and had a pretty good workout."

Last season for Braunschweig of the German Basketball League, Schroeder averaged 11.9 points and 3.3 assists in 24.7 minutes.

"Hes got the ability to get into the paint get to the basket," Perrin said. "Hes got good explosiveness off the dribble. Hes got a lot of things he has to learn. But hes got athletic skills."

In his workouts, Schroeder has noticed a difference between German League and NBA basketball one he thinks will accelerate his growth as a player.

"In Europe, you play set plays all the time," he said. "In the NBA, you play transition. I think the NBA fits me better than Europe."

Along with Miamis Shane Larkin, Schroeder is the most highly regarded point guard who has worked out for the Jazz so far. He knows Utah, without a point guard under contract for next season, could be the right place for him.

"Its a great situation for point guards," Schroeder said. "... You can play right away, I think."
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote