Thread: PG Spot
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #32
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: PG Spot

Perrin and the Jazz brain trust certainly saw some things from Schroeder that impressed them — as well as some things that the young man needs to improve upon.

“He’s got the ability to get to the deep paint, as we call it, get to the basket,” Perrin said. “He’s got good explosiveness off the dribble coming around the wing. He’s able to get into the paint and he’s able to pass to open guys if somebody’s stopping him.

“He’s got a lot of things he’s got to learn and pick up and get better at, but he’s got athletic skills that a lot of guys we don’t see over here (have).

“There’s a lot of things I think he needs to work on,” Perrin said. “I think that (finishing at the rim) is one of them and that comes from getting a little bit stronger, understanding probably better angles on how to finish, especially against the big guys over here. I think he’s got to get a little bit more discipline and a lot of focus defensively, continue to work on his shots and ball handling.”

Schroeder’s smallish size could definitely work against him on draft day. All in all, though, he’s a guy who could wind up being in a Jazz uniform next season.

“With his quickness and with his speed, which you can’t teach, yeah, he has some upside,” Perrin said. “The good thing about Dennis is he has played against men in the German pro league. It’s not like some of the college guys we have coming out into the draft who haven’t played against men. He has played against men.

"So it’s a little tougher in terms of who he’s playing against and how he’s playing over in Germany than the guys coming out collegiately this year.”
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote