View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 Detroit Pistons summer league roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
People forget that Mitchell was in the lottery of mock drafts in December. He's a rather highly regarded talent. I'm not guaranteeing that he will work out or anything like that, but it wouldn't be a huge shock if he became a pretty good player in this league either.

It just didn't sound like the team has plans for him in their rotation. Even Keith Langlois has wrote about it already.
Quote:
Tony Mitchell finished strong with 16 points and six rebounds, consistently exhibiting his above-the-rim ability that made him an easy gamble at the 37th pick. The free-agent pickup of Josh Smith makes the Pistons deeper and much more athletic in the frontcourt, so there’ll be no pressure on Mitchell to see the floor early.

I'm just saying with a front court that has Drummond, Monroe, Jerebko, Smith, CV, and Kravtsov (who played pretty decent too) I don't see how he could see much court time. He'll end up in the D-League for quite a bit I'm sure. He'll be on the roster for cap reasons but that's probably it. I'm not saying there's not a chance he won't make it, but I am saying it will be a very difficult road for him.

Everybody thought Kim English could be the next big thing too. He just got released. It's like I've always said, 2nd rounders typically don't last long in the league.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote