View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 PM   #36
monthh
Local High School Star

Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

No, I was comparing a good all-around player and winner with a good scorer.

If I was comparing Oden and Durant to players, then I think the David Robinson/Patrick Ewing/Tim Duncan comparison is okay.

I am starting to think Durant is more like Carmelo than T-Mac though. Durant isn't as athletic, and doesn't pass the ball as well, but is a better rebounder. I think T-Mac is the perfect SG/SF player, but I think Durant will be more of a SF/PF. Durant might actually be a little like the guy he is going to replace, Rashard Lewis. The only thing I don't like about the Carmelo and Lewis comparisions are that I think Durant will be a better rebounder, and will effect the game a little more because of his long arms. I don't think he will be a good defender for years, but he should be more effective as a shot blocker and knocking balls away. I don't think he will get 2 blocks and 2 steals a game like he did in college simply because those long arms aren't going to be as effective against bigger, faster, and better players, but he still should be able to change some shots and create some turnovers.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote