View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
HoopNightmare
I brick open layups

Default Re: the Tony Parker of the ASIA...

Jason Castro is PBL MVP
06/14/2007 | 04:33 PM

Jason Castro is the 2007 Philippine Basketball League's (PBL) Most Valuable Player.
Castro led in the players and media votes that was included in his 335.7 statistical points for a leading 490.77-point total.

Castro, a former Philippine Christian University (PCU) standout and NCAA MVP, bested Cebuana Lhuillier Pera Padala center Ken Bono who led in points but failed to gain the nod of his fellow players and those covering the league.

"I never thought I'd win this honor," said Castro who was congratulated by basketball great Caloy Loyzaga before Thursday's Game 3 of the PBL Unity Cup finals between Harbour Center and Cebuana Lhuillier Pera Padala.

Castro, also the league's 2006 MVP, and Bono led the Mythical first team composed of Moneymen forward Doug Kramer, Batang Pier guard Chico Lanete and Toyota Balintawak forward Dennis Daa.

Making up the second Mythical team were Burger King center JR Quinahan, Roadkings guard Ronjay Buenafe, Moneymen pointguard Macky Escalona, Batang Pier forward Richard Alonzo and Roadkings shooter Patrick Cabahug .

Other awards were given to the following: Moneymen coach Luigi Trillo was chosen as the Quotable coach; Kristoffer Robles of Henkel Sista as Academic All Star; Escalona as Fan Favorite; Lawrence Bonus of Sista as Quantum Leap; Jonas Villanueva of San Miguel Magnolia as True Gentleman; Josh Urbiztondo of Burger King as Defense Stopper; and Ryan Reyes of Sista as Fantastic Freshman. - GMANews.TV
HoopNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote