View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #34
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: The Atlantic...The Winners...The Losers...Who has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max
The Atlantic division will only place 2 teams in the postseason.

New Jersey and Toronto. Which of the two is better? Which of the two will win the division? I dont know. Both are playoff contenders and it would be interesting to see.

Toronto, NJ, Clev, Chi, Det, Miami...thats 6 teams who should make the playoffs because they have playoff caliber teams.

2 spots are left. Milw healthy? Is a playoff contender in my book. The injuries to most of the starters/core really hurt them bigtime. At full strength? This team wins atleast 41 games. Enough to get them into the playoffs in the East.

So that leaves you with 1 spot. Good luck Boston and NYK. I dont see 3 playoff teams in the Atlantic. Lets atleast try to be realistic here and knock off the homer crap.

I'm not sold on Milwaukee at all.
Villy and Bogut may be the worst defensive frontcourt that I can think of in recent memory. Bobby Simmons has been nothing but an injured bust since they signed him, they have plenty of FA's to worry about in Mo Williams, Bell, Patterson and Boykins, plus a #6 pick that doesn't want to play for them. They also have an extremely thin bench consisting of players that would probably not make most teams (Greer, Noel, Markota). And to top it off, their star player (Redd) is only a borderline all-star.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote