Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    Did you see my first post in this thread? I plan on buying a 360 just for this game. But I'm also real, and pointing out the awkward looking movements. Just cause I see negatives doesn't mean I don't like it.
    Just checking. Cause normally in these types of threads the person that keeps harping on bad animations/graphics decided not to buy that game long before they ever looked at those bad animations.

Myrrh

Damn, the game won't be released around here till the end of October.

Bucks fan

The signature shots that exist in the 360 version:

Abdur-Rahim
    Allen
    Alston
    Anthony
    Arenas
    Artest
    Atkins
    Baby Twist
    M Banks
    Barbosa
    Barry
    Basic
    Battier
    Bell
    Beluba
    Bent Arm
    Bibby
    Big Set
    Billups
    Bird
    Bogut
    Boozer
    Bosh
    Bowed Arm
    Bowen
    Boykins
    Brand
    Brewer
    Brown
    Bryant
    Butler
    Camby
    Carney
    Carter
    Cassell
    Catapult
    Cheaney
    Childress
    Clumsy
    Crawford
    Crossed Arms
    B. Davis
    R. Davis
    Deng
    Dixon
    Duhon
    Duncan
    Dunleavy
    Felton
    Fisher
    Flail
    Flick
    Ford
    Foward Hop
    Foye
    Francis
    Garnett
    Gasol
    R. Gay
    Ginobili
    Gooden
    Gordon
    A. Griffin
    Hamilton
    Hands up
    Hands Away
    Harpring
    Haslem
    High Flick
    High Follow
    High Hands
    High Push
    Hill
    Hinrich
    Horry
    House
    D. Howard
    Josh Howard
    Juwan Howard
    Hughes
    Iguodala
    Ilgauskas
    Iverson
    B. Jackson
    S. Jackson
    L. James
    M. James
    Jamison
    Jaric
    Jasikevicius
    Jefferson
    Jeffreis
    A. Johnson
    J. Johnson
    D. Jones
    E. Jones
    Common
    Kick
    Kidd
    Knock Knees
    Kirilenko
    Knight
    Korver
    Krstic
    Kukoc
    LaFrentz
    Lewis
    Livingston
    Lue
    Lunge
    Maggette
    Magloire
    Marbury
    Marion
    Marshall
    Martin
    Mason
    McGrady
    Mihm
    Miles
    A. Miller
    M. Miller
    Mobley
    Morrison
    Murphy
    Mutumbo
    Nash
    Nocioni
    Nowitzki
    Odom
    Off Balance
    Okafor
    Okur
    J. O'Neal
    Parker
    Paul
    Payton
    M. Peterson
    Pierce
    Pietrus
    Pike
    Pollard
    Prince
    Quick Launch
    Radmonovic
    Randolph
    Redd
    Redick
    J. Rich
    Q. Richardson
    Ridnour
    Rose
    Roy
    Salute
    Scissor
    Shaq
    Sheed
    Shot Put
    Side Flick
    Silky
    Simmons
    Sling Shot
    J. Smith
    Smooth
    Smush
    Snow
    Spread Legs
    Stackhouse
    Stojakovic
    Striaght Legs
    Swing Arm
    Szczerbiak
    Terry
    Text Book
    K. Thomas
    Tim Thomas
    Tyrus Thomas
    Turkoglu
    Twist
    Udrih
    Unorthodox
    Van Horn
    Vilanueva
    Wade
    Walker
    B. Wallace
    G. Wallace
    Webber
    Wells
    Wesley
    D. West
    J. Williams
    Yao

Not airballing my layups anymore

Another Take from Jon Robinson
    One of the best basketball games ever made, NBA 2K7 captures the sport and its stars in a way that hasn’t been achieved in past attempts. You’ve heard about the signature shots, but it’s not just the way they captured King James and Melo, it’s how they captured guys like Sarunas Jasikevicius that amazes me. I think the bigger fan you are of the NBA and its players, the more you’ll appreciate the fine touches like the way the teams rotate for help defense or how your star might flop while trying to draw a foul, even grabbing his face when it looks like he got swiped across the eyes. Association, 24/7, streetball, V.I.P., team-based tendencies, there is just so much to this game that is not only done right, but done above and beyond what any other sports game is offering right now, this is my early pick for Sports Game of the Year."
    I cant wait!

Serious playground baller albertpujols's Avatar

I am getting it for PS2. It's unfortunate though, I heard they toned it down alot from the 360 version---

Default NBA 2K7 Review?

It only got a 8.3 in IGN.com!!
    They gave Madden 2007 8.5 and that game blows...I thought 2K7 was suppose to be the best basketball game ever?

The reader reviews however are all positive, 4 reviews all of them above 9.5

It's the 360 version, that's why. All the 360 ports of sports game have been receiving lower than their xbox/ps2 counterparts.
    Last edited by bigkingsfan; 09-24-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Banned

Default ...

the review was stupid imo. The other reviewer loved the game though

Banned

Ive decided that I hate 2k6. I think it straight up sucks. the game is retarded. all you do is pick and roll EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. unless youre picking and rolling, you're either turning it over or missing. wide open jumpers are missed and its impossible to set up a jumper game because closing speeds are ridiculous, you're never open. post game is effective but dumb, you just give it to your guy and force yourself toward the hoop and hit shot button. the shotstick is the most retarded thing in world history. it sounded like such a great idea but it has no practical application; it just makes jumpshooting harder and X gives you the same layup/dunk that it will. the free throw shooting is inferior to Live. you have to figure out what your players shooting form is like because unless you have it memorized you're going to miss. jumpshooting forms are horribly awkward. basically every single point you score is going to be 8 feet from the basket or less. and EVERY PASS is a turnover unless its a lead pass on a pick and roll.

I hope 2k7 is a lot different from college hoops 2k6. either that or college hoops plays pretty differently from NBA 2k6. because its a totally stupid game. both it and Live are extremely easy to abuse, but at least in Live you can choose to play a certain way and have a fair game. I dont know of any sliders that can change the fact that its impossible to win without using the pick and roll and impossible to lose if you do.

Bucks fan

GeeWiz, didn't you buy an xbox 360? You can download the 2k7 demo for free and find out yourself what it's like. Good jump shooters will knock down open shots all day long. In the 4 minute demo, I can get 10 points with Dirk, Terry, or Williams on command (if that's what I focus on doing). Do yourself a favor and try it out.

Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    Ive decided that I hate 2k6. I think it straight up sucks. the game is retarded. all you do is pick and roll EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. unless youre picking and rolling, you're either turning it over or missing. wide open jumpers are missed and its impossible to set up a jumper game because closing speeds are ridiculous, you're never open. post game is effective but dumb, you just give it to your guy and force yourself toward the hoop and hit shot button. the shotstick is the most retarded thing in world history. it sounded like such a great idea but it has no practical application; it just makes jumpshooting harder and X gives you the same layup/dunk that it will. the free throw shooting is inferior to Live. you have to figure out what your players shooting form is like because unless you have it memorized you're going to miss. jumpshooting forms are horribly awkward. basically every single point you score is going to be 8 feet from the basket or less. and EVERY PASS is a turnover unless its a lead pass on a pick and roll.
    Wow you must suck at actual basketball games.

You seriously think the shotstick is stupid? I guess your one little button for shoot in NBA Live that yields a crappy canned animation is better? Wow

Your passes get picked off because you are too impatient to wait until the recipient is in position, compared to NBA live when balls can magically go through and around opponents hands and then get sucked into the hands of your teammate? Yea

The highly creative and realistic post game in 2k6 is somehow inferior to the one in Live, oh wait...live doesn't even have a post game

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15

I hope 2k7 is a lot different from college hoops 2k6. either that or college hoops plays pretty differently from NBA 2k6. because its a totally stupid game. both it and Live are extremely easy to abuse, but at least in Live you can choose to play a certain way and have a fair game. I dont know of any sliders that can change the fact that its impossible to win without using the pick and roll and impossible to lose if you do.
    That's a horribly different opinion then last week when you asked me "WHAT IS BAD IN 2K6? Nothing! Seriously, tell me one thing that is bad in it or that live is Superior in."

Funny, but you have the correct analysis now.

Bucks fan

I never played 2k6, but I have read a couple times that the jumpshots were underpowered, forcing users to rely too much on penetrators or pick&rollers. 2k7 seems very well balanced to me, so I guess they fixed it.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

When exactly does this come out? Ive been buying Live for like the last 5 years, but I think Im finally going to switch this year.