Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #61
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Sonics are gone; RBP is an unrestricted free agent: why should i adopt YOUR team?

Mavs don't need any team hoppers
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #62
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sonics are gone; RBP is an unrestricted free agent: why should i adopt YOUR team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
rudy---- ehhh
Rudy and Mayo >>> no team to support
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #63
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

NYK-Bball has an OK reputation so far

The Knicks should be your primary.We have two players that are from Seattle in Nate"The Great" Robinson and Jamal Crawford.We are starting to rebuild a new franchise,with additions to the staff like Donnie Walsh and Mike D'antoni.The Knicks will be starting the new,exciting style which is run and gun.With our first lottery pick since 2005 we picked a exciting new versatile 6'10 dribbling forward with NBA range name Danilo Gallinari.The core of Nate,Chandler and Gallinari should improve for years to come and how could we forget,The front office is gearing up for 2010 free agency which includes NBA superstar Lebron James who could potentially be lured to play in the mecca of basketball.
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #64
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
as long as you're robin and i am the batman

deal. welcome aboard.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #65
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

maybe

i think that by adding EB, it will help the 76ers compete for the eastern conf title
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #66
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Rudy and Mayo >>> no team to support

hahaa i cant argue with that
Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #67
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYK-Bball
The Knicks should be your primary.We have two players that are from Seattle in Nate"The Great" Robinson and Jamal Crawford.We are starting to rebuild a new franchise,with additions to the staff like Donnie Walsh and Mike D'antoni.The Knicks will be starting the new,exciting style which is run and gun.With our first lottery pick since 2005 we picked a exciting new versatile 6'10 dribbling forward with NBA range name Danilo Gallinari.The core of Nate,Chandler and Gallinari should improve for years to come and how could we forget,The front office is gearing up for 2010 free agency which includes NBA superstar Lebron James who could potentially be lured to play in the mecca of basketball.

strong post nykbbll!

two questions:

what are nyers REALLY saying about gallinari?

how much $$$ are the knicks prepping for the LBJ lure?
Old 07-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #68
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

from the sonic forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
I know you're closer to Portland, Golden State and all that, but I always felt Seattle had some slight ties to Utah, maybe because that's near where John Stockton is from, maybe it's that my family is from there (back a couple generations), that they're both smaller markets, that Seattle came to Utah for the Rocky Mountain Reviews, that I saw Detlef talking smack back and forth with one of the Jazz superfans (Suds), and read later that they were friends and went out to lunch and stuff. That Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone duo's had some similarities. I don't know, Seattle just seemed more neighborly than most other NBA teams around. As a lifetime Jazz fan, I'd readily accept having Sonics fans among the legion of Jazz fans. It hasn't really sunk in that the Supersonics won't be there next year, and I know it's probably too early to think about what team to root for, but try to be open minded, I think having more Washington state fans would add a lot of positives to the Jazz organization.

Now I know Utah gets labeled as this mormon town blah blah.. but I've always gravitated to the Jazz because it transended the religious divide here. Everyone can go to a Jazz game, differences and all, and still get along and feel a little harmony between each other. It would be great to have even more diversity and pick up a few of the Stockton fans.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #69
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You don't want to be a Warriors fan.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #70
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

NYK-Bball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
strong post nykbbll!

two questions:

what are nyers REALLY saying about gallinari?

how much $$$ are the knicks prepping for the LBJ lure?

Well most people like him,but theirs always the bias fans who think he will automatically be a soft bust because he is foreign yet they have never seen him play.

I really dont know but it will be a lot because they lost a lot of cap by 2010.Contracts like Nate,Lee,Jamal,Steph,Rose,Jerome James and Q-rich.Plus they should also get rid of Zach by 2010 which gives also takes off a 17 mill contract.This should be enough for Lebron and maybe another player.
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #71
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
You don't want to be a Warriors fan.

i did my grad work in berkeley and went to a number of warrior games

i liked watching them these past two years-- they were a joy to watch; i would especially go out of my way to catch the suns-warriors games this past year

too bad they lost b-diddy (although as a clipper fan, i am glad he is there). it just wont be the same

warrior fans are salt of the earth folks though!!
Old 07-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #72
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Why don't you just follow the Blazers, Warriors, Clippers and Knicks?

Why the need for a primary team?

In the NFL I follow Seattle and Dallas and like them equally.

In your heart you're a Sonics fan and I don't think you can just switch and forget all about your Sonics.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #73
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYK-Bball
Well most people like him,but theirs always the bias fans who think he will automatically be a soft bust because he is foreign yet they have never seen him play.

I really dont know but it will be a lot because they lost a lot of cap by 2010.Contracts like Nate,Lee,Jamal,Steph,Rose,Jerome James and Q-rich.Plus they should also get rid of Zach by 2010 which gives also takes off a 17 mill contract.This should be enough for Lebron and maybe another player.

i usually suspend judgement on rookies for the first few years. it really depends on how one develops (esp. their confidence) and how much p-t they get.

i remember how sonic fans were befuddled when jack sikma was chosen-- and he turned out to be the best center in sonic history

i hope gallinari develops well with d'antoni's system (and doesnt turn out to be wasted like kwame or darko)
Old 07-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #74
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Why don't you just follow the Blazers, Warriors, Clippers and Knicks?

Why the need for a primary team?

In the NFL I follow Seattle and Dallas and like them equally.

In your heart you're a Sonics fan and I don't think you can just switch and forget all about your Sonics.

good comment-- i know i will follow all of those teams (but now that b.diddy is gone from oaktown, i am not so sure about the warriors)

having a "primary" team will allow me to dig deeper in analyzing the day to day developments by that team. there isnt enough time to do that well for four teams (i have a life outside of my nba hobby ya know)

yes-- in my heart, i will always be a sonic fan and could never forget the countless memories
Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #75
FULL CLIP
I hit open 5-footers

FULL CLIP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i am already a clips fan-- question is whether the clips will get bumped up to number 1 in my book

You should be. We gave ya'll wilcox for virtually nothing.
FULL CLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: