Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What are you looking forward to the most? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101196)

brwnman 08-27-2008 02:35 AM

What are you looking forward to the most?

From a Raptors' perspective, what are you most intrigued about this upcoming year?

For me, it's about what improvement Jamario Moon can bring to the table. His one task in the off-season was to improve on his ball handling skills. Obviously on the whole he had more things to worry about, but if there was one thing, I wanted him to improve his ball-handling skills. Over the course of the season, his jumpshot improved every single month. Another thing to watch out, is his on-ball D and not being aggressive on just about everybody. He needs to recognize the shooters and the penetrators. I can't wait to see his improvements (hopefully) this upcoming season...

Dr.Funk 08-27-2008 09:54 AM

Re: What are you looking forward to the most?

It's the obvious for me.

Jermaine O'Neal. He's saying all the right things but what if he doesn't get the touches he wants, can he stay healthy? But if things go well how big can he and Bosh be together?

The_Night_Elf 08-27-2008 10:03 AM

Great choices so far. If I had to pick another it would be the Point Guard situation. I'm excited to see how Jose Claderon handles being THE starting Point, and just how good/ready is Roko Ukic.

Zan Tabak 08-27-2008 10:12 AM

Looking forward to seeing Kapono being used to his fullest capabilities. Believe me, give that guy 10-15 shots a game ..he's going to knock them down.

bballnoob 08-27-2008 10:18 AM

I want to see how Sam does with the most talented roster he has had. It is true it is a player's league and you need talent to win and now Sam has it (assuming health).

It'd probably be too much to ask for some high post offensive sets using JO and Bosh but I'm still hoping to see some new wrinkles to the playbook.

Also kind of excited to see Hassan Adams play. He was very active when I watch the SL games and I'm not expecting much of him, just want to see that energy all season long defending.

RAPSCANWIN 08-27-2008 10:57 AM

I'm intrigued about Jamario Moon, My hope is he will come to training camp like a wild dog on defence. Cause if Moon turns up his entensity this year and becomes more agressive on both sides of the ball, then we could have something special.

That would leave us better than solid at the 1, 3,4,5 spots. Leaving ? marks only at the 2 spot. And its not much of a question mark cause I think AP has 1 more good year left.

T.O.RAPS 08-27-2008 11:09 AM

Calderon as a starter, Bargs development through the summer...

Qwyjibo 08-27-2008 11:52 AM

The JO/Bosh frontcourt. Not an original answer but it's going to be exciting. The Raptors now have their 2nd best player at a crucial position like C. Hopefully O'Neal was just taking it easy in Indiana and recovering from his injuries.

danumber88 08-27-2008 01:37 PM

Top 3

1. Jermaine O'neal and his promising recovery, and hes ready for a championship
2. Calderon handling full time minutes
3. Jamario Moon

Parps 08-27-2008 01:58 PM

Seeing Bargs progression over the summer.

kmart 08-27-2008 03:24 PM

I want to see our defense with O'neal and Bosh and even Moon its gonna be special with LOTs and LOTS of rejections and its gonna be fun to watch.

I also want to see how bargs developed over the summer

Chamberlain 08-27-2008 03:36 PM

This isn't what I'm most looking forward too, but since everyone else has covered a lot of other areas, another interesting thing is going to be seeing what type of player Nathan Jawai/Roko Ukic turn out to be. I don't think we should expect too much, but if one of the two impress we will be a much deeper team than we are expecting to be.

Dr.Funk 08-27-2008 05:43 PM

I'm also interested to see what's going to happen to Jose later in the season.

Will he tire as he has never been a full-time starter playing major minutes for a full season?

kwajo 08-27-2008 08:01 PM

I remain extremely interested in the development of Bargs. We are all very tough on him, and it would be nice to see him prove us wrong with a big 3rd year off the bench, maybe even emerge as a 6th man-of-the-year candidate.

EricGordon23 08-27-2008 09:33 PM

Since i live in Canada we get alot of the raps games and what i am looking forward to is Nathan Juwai and Bargs defence improvement.