Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Colangelo should have taken Marcus Williams or Kyle Weaver (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101471)

StroSwizzle 08-29-2008 05:19 PM

Colangelo should have taken Marcus Williams or Kyle Weaver

What is Bryan Colangelo thinking.. we could of had marcus williams or kyle weaver for a 2nd round pick to back up jose.. instead we get ukic and solomon :rant ... whos gonna back jose now solomon probably will be a reserve... and ukic's game is mediocre..

kmart 08-29-2008 05:33 PM

Re: Bc

Quote:

Originally Posted by StroSwizzle
What is Bryan Colangelo thinking.. we could of had marcus williams or kyle weaver for a 2nd round pick to back up jose.. instead we get ukic and solomon :rant ... whos gonna back jose now solomon probably will be a reserve... and ukic's game is mediocre..

i actually think that you should give Ukic a chance besides Calderon is playing 35 minutes and up and we only need a backup PG for about 10-15 minutes theres no point of aquiring a second round pick or Marcus williams when their only gonna play limited minutes.

StroSwizzle 08-29-2008 05:47 PM

God forbids something happens to Jose we need a playmaker... and Ukic isnt really the men for the job.. he didnt really impress me at the olympics... and a 2nd round is worth a marcus williams or a kyle weaver.. better yet kyle weaver is worth a 1st round pick.. he plays just like joe johnson very versatile and selfless player watch out for him ... i dont know though , im not in the front office :S

T-Low 08-29-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

God forbids something happens to Jose we need a playmaker... and Ukic isnt really the men for the job.. he didnt really impress me at the olympics... and a 2nd round is worth a marcus williams or a kyle weaver.. better yet kyle weaver is worth a 1st round pick.. he plays just like joe johnson very versatile and selfless player watch out for him ... i dont know though , im not in the front office :S

You are not very smart. The league Ukic played for was one of those leagues where assists were hard to get. NBA assists they just give more or less. The Euro leagues are also more competitive, like NCAA, so game is heightened a bit more. Give Ukic a chance. Damn.

Dr.Funk 08-29-2008 08:08 PM

We have no more room to add any more players.

We are literally pennies from the luxury tax.

T-Low 08-29-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

The reason is because of your avatar!

Zan Tabak 08-30-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Low
The reason is because of your avatar!

Or mine :rolleyes:

The Italian 08-30-2008 01:13 AM

Marcus Williams is awful anyways. The guy is a bad point guard, plain and simple. He is talented and all but he has no idea how to run an offense or anything like that. His B-Ball IQ is horrendous.

Then again with the name Stroswizzle I don't expect you to understand much about Basketball IQ.

b4ball 08-30-2008 02:08 AM

Quote:

I trust BC's judgement much more then I trust yours. So thanks for your opinion, but it's time to go away.

The_Night_Elf 09-03-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

Though I totally agree with your point but, does anyone else here ever wonder why the second richest owners in north american sports won't breach the luxury tax? Now I don't think Williams or Weaver would be worth it but, I hope that would go out the window if the right deal came along.

ShawnBradley 09-03-2008 11:21 PM

Re: Colangelo should have taken Marcus Williams or Kyle Weaver

Who backed up Calderon last season when Ford was injured?

brwnman 09-03-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnBradley
Who backed up Calderon last season when Ford was injured?

The G.O.A.T D-Mart...

The_Night_Elf 09-04-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwnman
The G.O.A.T D-Mart...

They make him an assistant yet...?

A.M.G. 09-04-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
Though I totally agree with your point but, does anyone else here ever wonder why the second richest owners in north american sports won't breach the luxury tax? Now I don't think Williams or Weaver would be worth it but, I hope that would go out the window if the right deal came along.

We should. Breach the luxury tax, that is.

Zan Tabak 09-04-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
We should. Breach the luxury tax, that is.

Unless that 'breach' is going to bring a championship ..MLSE won't do it!